Wednesday, November 9, 2016

When You're Frightened Of Living In Your Own Country

I woke up after three hours of sleep in a full cold sweat, heart pounding, this has to be a nightmare, panic. The kind where you look around and breathe a sigh of relief that it was only a dream. Except it isn't  dream, we have a narcissistic borderline psychopath as President elect, and I see real danger, and yet many people are happy about it. I won't bore everyone going on and on and bemoan what a shit show this is and will turn out to be, but yeah we may be screwed kids.

I  have been wondering what to do with this blog, wondering what shape it would take, and I'm  still not sure, but I figure now is as good a time as any to dust her off and give blogging a go. Perhaps I can get a decent following and make a few pennies, but at the very least it will be a productive and creative way to let off steam, and get my feelings out of my head where they just sit there and fester.

I am going to make make a real go of this writing thing, it's  all I have and I am pretty good even if I am pretty shy about letting people read my stuff. I figure what the hell, there isn't anything to lose, right? Anyway, this post is more to purge the feelings and I think it worked, I feel a bit better. As I said before I have no idea what this blog will turn out to be, but I have the app on my phone, so I can blog anywhere and maybe I can be a kind of cultural blogger/ reporter. We shall see.

Like I said I am terrified. Now I know how people in other countries feel when they have a dictator or there's a revolution and people are in jeopardy. I just hope this guy doesn't ruin everything before he's kicked out.

No comments: